Thursday, May 27, 2010

Increase In Violence Against National Park Rangers

On May 21st I published a post entitled “Risking Their Live To Protect Us All.” In that post I stated that,


I believe that current increased negative rhetoric about government and government employees at all levels contributes to this attitude of non-compliance and fighting back.

A May 26th Los Angeles Times article by Meade Gruver entitled “Group Says Anti-Government Feelings May Fuel Attacks, Threats Against National Park Rangers” supports the premise I proposed in my post. The article points to an increase in assaults on National Park Rangers since 2006.

To view the article, go to the link at:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-us-park-ranger-attacks,0,4562652.story

No comments:

Post a Comment